Mr. Turner graduated from the University of Florida law school and has spent the ensuing years burnishing his reputation as both a criminal defense lawyer and a circuit judge, throughout north Florida.
As the founding member of the firm that bears his name, Mr. Turner drives the practice, drawing on his years of experience in civil rights litigation, criminal defense, civil litigation, and representing professionals with licensing, tenure, and employment issues.
Mr. Turner focuses his attention on complex criminal defense and civil litigation, bringing creative thinking and new ideas to difficult cases.
In addition to his eight years on the bench in the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, Mr. Turner has served as a state prosecutor, Adjunct Professor at the UF College of Law, a founder and president of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and a member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar’s Criminal Law Section.
In daily practice, Mr. Turner believes in the collaborative approach he has instituted at the firm. The firm draws on all resources, from attorneys to law clerks to paralegals to other staff, to ensure the best representation possible for clients. A manageable caseload guarantees that each client’s case will receive the attention deserved.
We take a creative approach to our cases and involve our entire team in brainstorming and problem-solving. That allows us to craft unique solutions to the enormous range of issues we encounter.”
- Bachelor of Science, Univ. of Florida – 1966
- Juris Doctorate, Univ. of Florida College of Law – 1970
- Florida Supreme Court
- United States Supreme Court
- United States 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional Memberships and Committee Work
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – President 1990-1991, Board of Directors, 1988-1997, 2005 – Present, Founding Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Law Section, Florida Bar – Executive Council 1991-1994, 2007 – 2018
- American Inns of Court, James C. Adkins, Jr. Inn President 1990-1991
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- North Central Florida Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc., Board of Directors 2009 – 2017
- Martindale AV Rated 5.0 out of 5
- Recipient of Stephen M. Goldstein Criminal Justice Award presented by the Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- U.S. News & World Report, Best Lawyers in America, 2007 – Present
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2010 – Present