Ron practices in the areas of complex criminal matters, white-collar crime, and representing clients such as doctors, lawyers, and professors with licensing, tenure, and disciplinary problems.
His practice encompasses matters in both state and federal courts and also includes defending university students and faculty against charges of misconduct.
Recent cases include defending against allegations of healthcare fraud, Medicaid fraud, homicide, federal bribery, and sexual battery.
Ron entered the practice of law after a first career as a newspaper reporter in South Florida, writing about both criminal justice and government affairs. He earned a journalism degree from the University of Florida and subsequently graduated with honors from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
In his legal practice, Ron follows the firm motto of Innovative Approaches to Matters of Consequence. But that does not mean only high-profile or serious accusations are consequential. Ron treats all clients’ matters, from misdemeanor drug possession to DUI to simple battery, with the care and attention they deserve. He has helped clients with a wide range of issues, guiding them through potentially life-changing situations to minimize disruption and get them on the right path. The firm’s holistic approach to criminal defense, especially in representing college students accused of crimes, means that families living far away can be comfortable knowing their loved ones are well represented and looked after in their parents’ absence.
- B.S. Journalism, University of Florida
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law
- Florida, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Professional Memberships and Committee Work
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Legislative Affairs Committee 2012 – Present
- 8th Judicial Circuit Chapter President – 2016
- 8th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Bar
- Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar Committee – 2015-2018
- Criminal Law Section
- Administrative Law Section
- Gerald T. Bennett American Inn of Court
- Gainesville Quarterback Club
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated, 5.0 out of 5